Outremer: Faith and Blood: Military Orders

 


Hello!

I invite you to the first post about Military Order, which I prepared for the Outremer: Faith and Blood skirmish game!.

        The action of the game published by Osprey Wargames takes place in the era of the first Crusades, in the territories occupied by the Crusaders as a result of the First Crusade - Outremer (French outre-mer - literally "Over-the-Sea"). Before the fall of Jerusalem, it was a coastal strip from Lesser Armenia in the north to Gaza in the south.
It consisted of four states: the County of Edessa, the Principality of Antioch, the County of Tripoli and the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

        The system is a simple (but not crude) skirmish, for which we need literally a few models that will join the ranks of warbands: Crusaders, Orders of Knights or Saracens.

Outremer: Faith and Blood was in my head many, many years before (released in 2018), but unfortunately I put it off for the next few years...

       I'll tell you about the mechanics another time - as I mentioned, it's simple (as I've been playing Warhammer for over 2 decades, I associate it with - or more precisely with Mordheim, turn-based solutions, actions, shooting, saving throws, gaining experience, etc.) and today I will focus on building a Military Order band.

At the beginning we have 750 Livres to use to purchase armor and equipment.
In the band described today, I bet on:

  • Knight on a horse,
  • 2 foot knights,
  • Sergeant with a crossbow,
  • Chaplain.

Next time Ibelin Crusaders!








Quoting or copying the following text and photos remember the author
*** FB FAN PAGE *** INSTAGRAM *** TWITTER ***

Comments

  1. Piękna ekipa Michał. Systemu nie znam, ale z takimi figurkami musi super się grać.
    Pozdr
    Tomasz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking figures and wait.....we are about to see you play a game - I could not be more excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Hope soon, but dont have any East buildings...

      Delete
  3. Zacna kompania. No i świetne malowanie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic! I also got the book and even a bunch of minis, but never got to paint them! Your work is highly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific paintjobs on all, Michal. I must confess to not knowing about this particular Osprey game, but will look out for it when I'm next at a show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look an excellent band of Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nie pamiętam czy ktoś u nas już w te zasady grał, ale okładka mi się obiła o oczy. Czekam na opis zasad. Co do ludków, to zacna zgraja. No i do tego świetnie pomalowani.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant details on the paint job. And I'm sure you would've enjoyed researching the history to get an accurate idea of the color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment