The One Ring: The Old Dwarf's Road Rangers #3

 


Hello!

As part of closing the projects I started a long time ago - the last dwarf ranger today - I painted the previous three about a year ago!

And it's been a long time since there was anything (although I have a lot of entries prepared) about classic fantasy in Tolkien's style :)

       Four rangers may not be many, but when reading Tolkien's prose - especially The Silmarillion and the longer stories contained therein - we come across groups of dwarves - even three bearded ones (e.g. the dwarf Mim with his sons).

       Will there be more dwarves? Probably, but not for this small unit. I also have a lot of elves, orcs, and other spawns of Morgoth and Sauron that I'd like to paint :)

--------------

During the War of the Ring, but also before the conflict with Sauron, the roads of Middle-earth were full of dangers.
       By this time, the dwarves have lost much of their power from previous centuries and are a dying out race (just like elves -only that they are leaving Middle-earth in droves and going to the eternal lands in the West).

"The Petty-dwarves" by Alan Lee









Quoting or copying the following text and photos remember the author
*** FB FAN PAGE *** INSTAGRAM ***

Comments

  1. Some exquisite brush work on the dwarves Michal, they are superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for a kind words!
      Best regards

      Delete
  2. Wpis fantasy? Rzadko widziany u ciebie Michał ale tym większa przyjemność z oglądania. Krasnoludy wyglądają niesamowicie realistycznie.
    Pozdr
    Tomasz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuję bardzo!
      Od czasu do czasu coś z fantasy będzie:)

      Delete
  3. Great work on these Michal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super work Michal, great looking dwarves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niesamowity klimat i mistrzowskie malowanie, a przy tym to dobry przykład, jak bardzo różnią się stylistycznie krasnoludy "warhammerowe" od "lotrowych".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziękuję! Choć to również nie modele lotrowe, a wydruki 3d medbury miniatures :)) ot, poprustu krasnale, choć fakt, najbardziej im do Lotra, Oathmark'a niż do Warhammera.

      Delete
  6. Śliczności, super pomalowane. Aż mi się chce zorganizować sobie drużynę krasnali w takim stylu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki wielkie!
      Pewnie za jakieś nie duże pieniądze można zamówić druk 3d.

      Delete
  7. great looking dwarves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love! Beautifully painted models.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love these minis and of course your paintjob!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Świetne malowanie, aż chce się taka bande namówić na jakąś wyprawę.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment