Hello friends!
Having recently turned 41+, I've become more melancholic. I often feel depressed whenever I think about the passage of time- too quickly...
And based on these gloomy thoughts, after 8 years, I decided to return to painting Gangs of Rome from Footsore Miniatures.
I have a few painted models – they need refreshing and better photos, and a few waiting to be finished.
Today, I refreshed two bases of the city mob.
I decided to arrange one base into three (adding a model of a spy with a mask).
As I'm preparing this post, I'm also finishing painting a third base – more in the Greek style :)
We'll see what comes of it.
Quoting or copying the following text and photos remember the author
*** FB FAN PAGE *** INSTAGRAM ***






These are wonderful Michal and I hope you enjoy your return to the street of Rome. Try not to worry about the passing of time, you can't produce such great quality work without the benefit of experience.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much sir! Feel much better today.
DeleteLovely figures Michal , hopefully painting these lovely figures allows your mind some diversion 👍
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for a kind words Matt!
DeleteExcellent work on your gang Michal.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Dave! Glad you like it :)
DeleteWait till you are a month off 64 years Michal - then, you have something to be melancholy about - LOL! Your figures are, as ever, excellent and I always have a soft spot for civilians!
ReplyDeleteHopefully, by then I'll have painted everything that's waiting in the cupboard of shame :)
DeleteSomehow, time has sped up - I don't know where 30 years of my life passed me by :))
Beautifully painted once again Michal.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Ray!
DeleteBest regards
I wasn't thrilled turning 41 either mate. I'm even less thrilled with 50 coming up in October. :/
ReplyDeleteNothing we can do about it though, but keep what matters most to us as close as possible each and every day.
Glad you came back to this project and I like what you've shown us here. I still have the original starter set sat waiting for paint, maybe I'll get back to them before the year ends?
I'd love to see your painting! Time has somehow sped up for me; I don't know where 30 years of my life have flown by :)
DeleteI'm also looking at my cupboard of shame and I don't know when or if I'll finish painting everything I want to.
Beautiful as always Michal, subtle brushwork and the columns make a great backdrop.
ReplyDeleteTime does seem to whiz by, though I think we live faster paced lives these days. My eldest granddaughters are each 10 …… how did that happen so quickly 😀
Yes, time flies too fast! It's definitely sped up—I think there's even a conspiracy theory involved! I think it was the Cern particle accelerator—its launch caused some kind of turbulence, and apparently time moves faster now :)))
DeleteIs there a way to make it go backwards 😀
DeleteAwesome as always lovely to see civilians too. Still keen to try Gangs of Rome would love to do a life of Brian inspired game...
ReplyDeleteHaha! Great idea!!!
DeleteThank you very much.
Those are lovely figures Michal and excellent brushwork
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for a kind words :)
DeleteLovely work Michal. I wouldn't be worried about your 40s...they were the best years of my life...I ticket past 68 last month and loving every minute of life...mind you being retired and not having to answer to the demands of others is a big bonus!
ReplyDeleteThank you Mark! And all the best for You!
DeleteYou're probably not even halfway Michal, and have another forty plus years of painting wonderful figures such as these.
ReplyDeleteHaha! Hope so :)
DeleteThank you very much 😉
41! You are mere youngster.
ReplyDeleteSuperb paint work. Love the cowled the figure.
Thank you very much 😊
DeleteSpokoju ducha życzę. Refleksje nad upływem czasu potrafią kopnąć, ale to bardzo ludzkie. Piękne malowanie, lubię klimat miniatur do tego systemu a tu go tu oczywiście pięknie oddajesz.
ReplyDeleteDziękuję serdecznie 😀
DeleteYou certainly can't be depressed about how those figures came out! You are quite the master craftsmen, and an inspiration to the rest of us. That is something to be proud of...
ReplyDeleteOh, thank you very much for a kind words Mike!
DeleteSplendid looking figures,best not to dwell on time as there isnt much we can do about it!
ReplyDeleteBest Iain
Thank you so much Iain!
DeleteBest regards
That's why I love this game ! Magnificent crowd. I hadn't thought about putting sceneries as upgrade.
ReplyDeleteThank you for a kind words!
Delete